Friday, August 22, 2014

Day 757: It's not "rocket surgery!"




5 minute junk mail, magazine & envelope lining collage


One of my former students, Jared,
a really smart & funny kid, once told a classmate ...
it's not "rocket surgery!"
I loved, borrowed and quoted it ever since.
I mention it, because ...
I have been laboring over Irene's journal.




original base start of Irene's journal ...


I finished the first section ...



first section of Irene's journal ...


 and center page yesterday ...




middle section of Irene's journal ...

but really labored on this third section,
 finally finishing today with a collage portrait of Irene.



third section of Irene's journal ...

This is a round-robin journal project, and all six of us ...
are finishing up the sixth journal to return to it's owner.
So, even though it's not "rocket surgery" ...
I really wanted Irene to be pleased.






Post/note: All the woes mentioned here ...
have been magically fixed by Darren Y!
Thanks to Darren and especially to Kimiko 
for volunteering husband Darren's help.
I am again a happy camper!






A smile for Friday ...






No comments: