Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 190: Take a hike!




 Today Tyler and I went on a hike!





A glorious 354 acre natural wilderness ...



















         And decided next time ...
         I would try the willow trail.






No problem.


Now an Eye Test! 
Can you see "Daddy" Hummingbird

Daddy hummingbird

Daddy Hummingbird on nest
 hummingbird nest
He wasn't thrilled with us.
Tyler got a shaky shot of
the nest and egg, just as
Daddy Hummingbird 
was returning.
Hummingbird nest with egg











Daddy Hummingbird stays nearby, on watch.


We kept the speed limit and 
headed for 
the highest point in the park ...
East Ridge.
It's a steep 
climb ...



It doesn't look high ... 
but if you look close you can see ...
one person starting up, and one on top.



And the view (snow-cap mountain) back from the top. 
Our car is by houses far left.  





I asked 
this young marine
if I could 
take his photograph.
He made 
it to the top 
as we did.
But, 
with a
50 pound
"pack".
And ...
he was ... smiling!
One biked.
Some ...
jogged.



Poison Oak




Today
we were
warned
of
rattlesnakes
and
poison oak.
California Buckwheat

And, Tyler introduced me to the beautiful buckwheat.

Last view before going to the car.
A two hour trip in the wilderness ...
just three miles from home.


4 comments:

Tyler Kerce said...

Thanks for sharing all those pictures from a fantastic day! The hummingbird silhouette is my favorite of all.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much for commenting Tyler!
It really was a great day and evening, and I thank you so much for your company! Again? Soon?

Marilyn said...

i feel like I was there too. The pictures are wonderful.

jacki long said...

Thanks Marilyn!
I was wrong, I found your comment here. Do you like to hike/walk? This is just 3 miles from my house. It's so amazing to be in the wilderness so close to home.

Thanks so much for your comment, I am like a little kid when I get a comment! ;oD