Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day 150: Lost another friend ...



Words aren't coming easy today.



Kobe is healthy now, in heaven.
His family is heartbroken.
They number eight now, instead of nine.




"He is your friend, your partner, your defender,
your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last
beat of his heart. 



"Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really."
-Agnes Sligh Turnbull



"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts go out to the family.

jacki long said...

Thank you for your thoughtfulness. :o)


Kim said...

I'm so sorry, Jacki! I know how much you love your grand-dogs! Please pass along my condolences to Erin and family!

jacki long said...

Thank you Kim! He was so special and we all miss him.
I will tell the family and thank you for your kindness.

Marilyn said...

Jacki, I'm so sorry about Kobe. This is the really tough part about having animals. They give us so much of themselves.....so much love and companionship....and then they're gone. I'm sure there is a huge hole in all of your hearts right now!!

jacki long said...

Thanks Marilyn. Yes, Kobe was so special and there is indeed a hole to mend in time. Christmas morning Laker just cuddled Erin. He's lost his mentor. Before he didn't have to think, he just tagged along with Kobe. He is really lost.