Friday, September 30, 2016

Day 1527: Do you ever look down at those round things?





NYC sidewalk, Iphoto













Most of the time on my first 5 day trip to NYC, I was looking up.
But then I noticed the variety of manhole covers ...
and thought I'd share a little bit of NYC.

(A manhole cover is a removable plate forming the lid over the opening of a manhole, to prevent anyone or anything from falling in, and to keep out unauthorized persons and material. Manhole covers date back at least to the era of ancient Rome, which had sewer grates made from stone.)



Keep in mind I risked life & limb to stop & shoot these beauties,
while WonderWoman blocked for me. Enjoy.


1.


2.


3.


4.


5.


6.


7.


8.


9.


10.


11.


12.


13.


14.





 So, what do you think? 
I numbered them just in case, so ... 
if you tell me your favorite, I'll tell you mine.














A smile for Friday ...










No comments: