Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Day 608: Honored and flustered ...



Honored because I was asked to be a part ...
of a round-robin journal project ...
with five really amazing artists.
Flustered because now I have to do the work!
As usual, I have put it off till I can't any longer.
John Arbuckle kindly made a beautiful journal for me ...






which is lucky for me, because I have never made one ...
and I'm sure it wouldn't look terrific like this if I did.



bird's eye view of the journal's accordion folds


Called a dos-a-dos or back-to-back journal ...
handmade, of heavy watercolor paper,
this one is designed for six entries,
and we each work on one section and ...
at the end of the month mail it on to the next artist.





So to begin. 
Because I am admittedly paranoid ...
about getting my mess on another section,
I saran wrapped & painter taped off ...
every molecule that wasn't mine. 





Staring with beautiful white pages ...
and not an idea in sight!
Decided to coat all my surface pages ...
before I started some type of collage?
I do know what papers I like and so 
I started with collaging strips across all six pages.





I LOVE old photos.
So I printed two sheets of old photos ...
to see if I could make that work into a collage?






This is the inside first page collage ...
(there are two full pages front and back,
and four half pages in the center)
before starting to add photos.



close up of first half page and back cover start


 I started, still no firm plan ... just adding photos.



close up of first page, inside cover start


It was about then I decided that ...
it will be titled "dreams & memories".






Section one ...







Section two ...





Section three.
Not as good as I had hoped for, but ...
when I procrastinate, I run out of time.






A smile for Wednesday ...



No comments: