Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 191: The big orange balloon ...


Nearby, we have the Orange County Great Park.
More than 13,000 acres, twice the size of Central Park.



Two standouts, the big orange balloon ...
 and the carousel. Both free!



I have wanted to ride the balloon for a long time.



Sign in, and  ride the carousel too, free.



The sturdy gondola, holds 25 for 8 minute trips.



A few rules, and a short wait.



These are pictures of the balloon ascending.



Up, up ... but no away. It's tethered.



It rises to 400 feet.




And from that height ...



the Irvine Spectrum ...



and the carousel below.



I will be back for more. Daytime too.



2 comments:

Natalie said...

That's so cool! I would love to do that! I'm doing the Color Run in May at the Orange County Great Park, have you ever heard of it? I'm so excited. Miss you! :)

jacki long said...

Thanks Natalie! I love getting comments, and yours are even more special! You would love it there, and it's free! I am looking forward to going again. I rode the carousel about 8 times last night, and took pictures of all the animals on it for a future blog. You can imagine how many years it's been since I hauled myself onto to carousel horse! ;op
Yes, I've heard of the color run, you'll have fun, the park is HUGE!!! Thanks again for commenting. I miss you too! I hope you visit again?