Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 156: Carole and pears ...



I hope you have a friend like Carole.
We were both second Mom's to each others kids.
Our kids grew up together.




                 Our kids are grown now and have their own kids.
Carole stopped by yesterday for a quick drop-off.



Carole brought me beautiful pears!



Royal Riviera Pears from Oregon.



And so good ....


2-1/2 hours later, I finally let
Carole go to her next stop. 
Even though we don't 
get together often ... 
when we do 
it's as if we pick up 
right where we left off.  
Now that's a real friendship!




You know I journal, right?
Carole gave me a card, 
and when I tore it open, 
the paper tore into a heart. 
I put ♥ on my journal page, 
and wrote about our 
special bond. And then, 
I added across the heart ...
"unconditional friendship".



I hope you have a friend like Carole.



No comments: