Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 36: My relatives growing up ...


The "homeplace" where my Mother was born. 
I wish I had a better picture, but I do in my mind.





  I remember playing there as a young child.  
The big white house was the biggest I had ever seen. 
And the farm went on forever in my eyes. 



  
My cousin Katha,  Aunt Fern's daughter, said 
that her Mother and Uncle Ralph were very close. 
He died at 16, Aunt Fern was 13, and devastated.  
That happened back then.




The three youngest of ten,  were very close.
and they remained so their whole lives.




The family grew up.
Back row: Aunt Pauline, Uncle Pete, Aunt Martha,
Uncle Les, Aunt Vonda
Front: Grandma, Dorothy (Mom), Grandpa and friend.
I am guess-timating this photo is about 1930.


2 comments:

Julie Eaves said...

Loved this one, too. What fun those kids must have had together as they were growing up.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Julie! I had fun sorting through photos. I just love the old photos. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.