Saturday, October 17, 2020

Day 3004: Weird but true, a mystery.

 

 

 

"Pensive": china marker drawing, junk mail collage, envelope & digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Jennifer Hudson, Simply Beautiful.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

 

2GN2S

 Weird but true, a mystery.

By the time you read this, I may have solved the mystery, but at this writing it is a mystery to me. It started with me going outside my front door to water my plant. I was surprised to see an Amazon large envelope package, since I hadn't ordered anything. I looked at the label and it clearly said me and my address. There was no sender? No invoice inside. No card.

Weird. I took it inside and went back to my work in progress. My mind kept going back to what could it be? I finally opened it to find, wrapped in tissue then a plastic bag, a black sweater.  It was a turtleneck, which I have been looking for in in orange or red. But, again, I hadn't ordered anything. As I folded it up, I noticed that the sweater had no arms. Weird. It was like a sweater-tea cozy. It looked kinda like this? But, in black and with a cowl or turtleneck?


This still makes no sense. I will, when I shore up to spend time on the phone, call Amazon. Until then?




•  A fun 4 minute video, art for you, here.

•  An informative 4 minute video, Keith Haring, here.

•   An amazing 2-minute video, Basquiat, here



 
                        

Unusual Smiles for Saturday ...
 
HOUSEBOAT,  Iceland.
 
Panda, scared after the earthquake in   Japan,

embraced the leg of a policeman.
Kalapana, Hawaii where the sea meets the lava
 
Beijing Airport by night.
Two year-old Chimpanzee feeding  

milk   to "Aorn", a small tiger 60 days old.
 
Ducks tend to continue throughout life
 to be seen in birth order, whether or not by their mother.
Highway in Japan with snow,more   than

10 meters high.  Unbelievable.
 
Spectacular rice fields in China.

Austria's Green Lake is a beautiful park in winter.   The snow melts in summer and creates a very clear lake.
 
Undersea tunnel linking Sweden and Denmark.
 
The world's highest swimming  pool is located   in the skyscraper Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.

Amazing lightning storm over the Grand Canyon.
 
Baby chameleons.
 
Beautiful image of a panda bear helping another.
"The Road to Heaven", a place in Ireland   where

every two years the stars align with the road.
 
 
World's Largest Swimming Pool in San Alfonso, Chile.   More than 1,000 yards long.
 
Crystal Palace. Madrid.
''Heaven's Gate", Zhangjiajie Tianmen Mountain, China ..
The Northern Lights, Alaska.
The white owl. Spectacular.
The famous'' Rosa Moss Bridges", Ireland.
Eiffel Tower.   Romantic and beautiful Paris, France.
 
Road to Hana, Maui, Hawaii.
Sea otters hold hands while they sleep   in case the current changes, so they awaken together.
 
There are animals with more   sensitivity than many people.
 
Fireman giving drink to a baby Koala in Australia fires.
 
 
Amazing view of Manhattan,   New York from above.
 
Frozen bubbles in the Canadian Rockies, Canada.
An Iridescent spiral cloud in Himalayas.   Phenomenon observed on October 18, 2009.
 
 
View of the semi-submerged cataract, Hawaii.
 
Northern lights over the   Rocky Mountains in Canada
 
A pink lake, due to the harmless bacteria of   Retba Lake, north of the Cap Vert peninsula of Senegal.
This dog saved her puppies from a fire at home   and put them safely in one of the fire trucks

Infinite Cave, Vietnam
(I think the owl looks handmade?)

                                           A Special Thank you to Jim and MaryLee McClure.

                                                               Thanks for visiting today.
 
 
 
 

 

6 comments:

john said...

Yet another great composition of the neck tilt with the abstract. Wonderful! :-)

elenor said...

Again I was enjoying really EVERYTHING you wrote and showed today, starting with "Pensive" on to the videos to the Unusual Smiles. AND I'm already curious what is the matter with your mystery envelop package.
Thanks for #3004, dear Jacki!
Wishing you a great Sunday.

jacki long said...

Thank you John, I have had fun with her.

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, I am so glad you liked it. It is pretty random, I don't think you can guess what you will get each day?
Happy, healthy weekend to you and your family.

authenticadultwoman said...

Love your "Pensive" collage - and Jennifer Hudson - and the glorious photos!

jacki long said...

Oh thanks so much, Dorothy, it is wonderful to hear from you.
I hope you are well up in your paradise. Please take good care.