Friday, October 16, 2020

Day 3003: A wedding and other things.

 

 

"Melancholy": china marker drawing, junk mail collage, envelope & digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Flo Rida, Low, low, low.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 

Last Saturday was a beautiful wedding at the Hyatt Regency overlooking the Pacific. I was officiating.

Because Jake and Brittany asked me, and because Jake was my  student from age 6. It has been a joy to watch him grow up.

I will include just a few photos.
    

The youngest star of the show was the brides nephew in full kilt attire.







 The ballroom and dining area was exquisite.

A perfect day.


2GN2S


                        
Chris Burden's "Urban Light" | © Museum Associates/LACMAAdd caption

“Urban Light.” Chris Burden’s 2008 sculpture is one of those rare public artworks on museum grounds that technically stays open to the public 24/7 (with security personnel there to make sure nothing illicit happens). Like a technological echo of the sunrise and sunset, the lights go on and off as the day progresses. Burden originally collected the lamp posts — two hundred and two in total — and arranged them around his studio.
 
 
 
                        

A bunch of smiles for Friday ... Did You Know?
 
Add caption
Add caption
AND NOW YOU KNOW1

  Thanks to Craig Nomura for Now You Know!

 
                                                               Thanks for dropping by  today.
 

6 comments:

elenor said...

Melancholy ist wonderful.The expression of the face and the colors are perfect. I also love how you used some text. It's not meant to be read it's like a pattern. I don't know how to put this right but I hope you understand what I mean.
This wedding was marvelous. Everybody and everything so beautiful. And how elegant you were, Jacki!
When I look at this wonderful blue sky I only can hope that the rain here will stopp soon and temperatures will get at least a bit higher. It could be winter days we have now. But no complaint we really had a fine and long summer.
Have a good weekend, dear Jacki.

john said...

I love the tilt of the head in this piece. You incorporated it so well into the composition. Love it! :-)

Carrol Wolf said...

Well, I am glad I am not one of the 25 that has hyperthymesia. Although it would be nice to remember more than just my name and address.

Have a great weekend. Those wedding photos were beauties and from the very small image of you, I'd say you also looked fabulous.

jacki long said...

Thank you Elenor, I am glad you liked "Melancholy", it was a combination of my china marker drawing, and a junk mail collage on an envelope, then played with in Photoshop. I did several variarations, and another one will be in #3004 blog.
We are still in 95' weather here, so rain and cool sounds very appealing.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, I did several variations, so there will be another tomorrow.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol. The wedding was beautiful and I took your advice and didn't wear the infamous blue dress.;o)