Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Day 3000: 3000 consecutive days?

 

 

"Layers": photo, drawing, acrylics, collage & digital.

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Fkj & Masego, Tadow
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?
 
 
 


       3000 consecutive days?  

8+ consecutive years, 98 months, 429 weeks = 3000 days.

It started when I retired from teaching and had the time. I had told a friend that I planned to post everyday. His eyes rolled a bit and he said, "that's a big commitment." He didn't mean it as a challenge, but I did. So I show up daily, with something. Some days like yesterday, it is necessarily short, other days, perhaps too long. When family started popping up in my blog, I worried that it might be too much, but it turned out to be what most readers liked best?  The cover art and music are a constant. And, since the pandemic, I have added videos, just because, 2GN2S and more smiles as it seemed a diversion was in order?  I thank you who have visited when you can. It is my hope that this silly, random blog gives you a pleasant break from life? I have been asked how long I will continue? I guess until I can't? And I think I have awhile. Meanwhile, it keeps me off the street and from rolling sailors. So a community service in it's way. 

                          

               



•  A wonderful 2-minute video, Metamorphis, here.

•  A charming, fun 6-minute video, Sweet Cocoon, here.

•  A terrific 7-minute video, La Boite, here.


 

Just because ...

                  
Golden Pheasant (Chrysolophus pictus) by Greg Nyquist.



 
                        

A smiles for Tuesday ...
 
 

 

 
 

 
 

 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 

 
                                                               Thanks especially for visiting today.
 
 
 
 

 

19 comments:

elenor said...

Congratulations, dear Jacki! What you managed to do with your much appreciated blog is so great and deserves most respect, praise and lots of compliments. You can be so proud of it, it's simply wonderful! Each time I'm here it's a delight. So, thank you for all this and please go on with it!
Sendung you all the best wishes and kindest greetings
elenor

john said...

What an achievement! 3000 days! Amazing! :-)

amy of studio four corners said...

Jacki - big congrats - 3000 is quite an accomplishment! though I don't read it every day, it never fails to amuse me when I do!

Jan's Art and Musings said...

Jacki, congratulations on this milestone! Your dedication to this project is amazing. I always smile when I visit.
Jan

Jan said...

Congratulations!!!!!! And thank you. We the readers, are the ones that have benefited. I look forward to reading your blog every day with my morning coffee. A much better start to the day than the newspaper!!! Thanks again.

Unknown said...

Woo hoo! 3000!! That takes dedication and knowing you, you've shown that in everything you do, and it's an inspiration to all ! I've enjoyed all the videos, serious and funny messages, beautiful art and pictures. Thank you Jacki for all you do to keep us informed and our spirits high!

It's Yvonne said...

I read your blog with my coffee most mornings. Besides all the creativity, it is a daily reminder to be grateful for all the teachings and inspiration you share. What a blessing...thank you!

Bea said...

I look forward to your blog everyday. You are most generous...

Branmuffin said...

Congrats on 3,000 posts, Jacki! That's pretty insane, but I knew if you set your mind to do it, you'd do it. Also, good set of smiles for today. The glowstick one is starting to apply more and more to me.

jacki long said...

Wow! Thanks so much, Elenor, your support means so much to me. I hope you'll stay for the next 3000.

jacki long said...

Thank you, John, for your constant support that helps me so.

jacki long said...

Hi Amy, thank you, I didn't know that you sometimes see the blog, I am thrilled.

jacki long said...

Thanks to Jan's Art and Musings, your visits and comments are so appreciated.

jacki long said...

Thank you Jan, I am so flattered that you read the blog with your daily coffee, that makes me happy.

jacki long said...

Thank you Unknown! Your kind words will fuel me towards the next posts. Thanks again!

jacki long said...

Thank you, Yvonne! It's so good to hear from you, I think of you often. If the blog keeps us in touch, then I am happy. Let's get together again when this craziness ends? Please take good care.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Bea, I am indeed flattered that you stop by daily, that makes me so happy. I love it when you sometimes comment.

jacki long said...

Thanks, Branmuffin! I think you're saying I am stubborn? That glowstick smile is a daily thing for me! ;o) I talked to your Dad today. Please take good care.

Irene Rafael said...

Congratulations, Jacki❤️ If anyone can do 3000 consecutive days on a personal dare, it’s you! The variety of topics is a constant amazement to me. Thank you for you continued inspiration!