Friday, October 9, 2020

Day 2996: All in a day.

 

 

"Diversity": acrylics, collage, photo & digital. (1)

 2 versions of the same composition. Which do you prefer?


 

"Diversity": acrylics, collage, photo & digital filter. (2)

 

 



Want music?




Click here for  Ally McBeal/ Barry White (cute video too)
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?



 

It's Thursday evening and I am dragging.  I was up early to get my 10 year old Honda-hybrid to be smogged at 8 am. Julie rescued  me with a 1:15 hair appointment. When done at 3 pm there was a lot of traffic on the 5 freeway, south, don't they know there's a pandemic? I stopped at Nordstrom rack for something they don't even stock anymore! I bought a new mask, since my favorite that Mei made for me, disappeared from my car at the Honda Service. I complained and they gave me a generic, hardly a fair exchange, but we pick our battles.

           

Zack, Grandhunk #3, now 20, called me asking if I was free for lunch tomorrow? Nano-second response, SURE! If I hadn't been free, I would have gotten free! Then Jordan, Grandhunk #1, now 22,  texted me with good news ...
He has been studying so hard, and this, of course, meant so much to him. We texted back and forth for a few minutes ...
These times make my day, week, month and year, right?  Later I made a mistake. I started listening to the news. I went past my tolerance and got grouchier by the minute. I felt myself sinking into submissive dormancy. So many problems that I have no solutions for. 
Something like honesty, respect, common sense seem obvious to me, but? Finally, a couple of smarter brain cells surfaced and said: "You are not in charge! You don't have to fix everything, but you do have to take care of yourself and your faith. So, I am on a time out from the news.
 
                                                   So there!
 
 

 
 
 
 
2GN2S ... 

Photo by Michelle Howden

My Indiana cousins ...
2 sisters & their best friend on a grocery run.

 
 
 
 
 
Just because ...
                                                                             
                                                                   
Bare-throated Tiger-Heron







Smiles for Friday ...
 
 
 
 

  












 

                                                              




                                                                         Thanks for visiting.



6 comments:

Betty Cotton said...

Jacki - Love seeing the text messages with your grandsons! Know the feeling...when I get something from my two....Joey, married, new father as of June 18th, just turned 27....and Paul (25) and moving into his own condo in December. Teaching music virtually and doing well! Gonna miss him so much! Any time I get a text....I go to the moon.....that's what grandmas do!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Betty, yes indeed. I just back from going to lunch with Jake and Zack GH's #2&3. We had a good time A bit of it will be in tomorrow's blog.
Yes, I knew you would know what I meant. Time together is so precious, and call, message, etc. count too.

john said...

I like both of them. In the first one I love how your color pattern surrounds the eye. I am into eyes so maybe the first one is my preference but who knows for sure because I appreciate both. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, it was late at night like tonight and my brain gets fuzzy. ;o)

Irene Rafael said...

I like both of course... you created them. If I would have to choose it would be number one with the clearer eyes.
Such a sweet text exchange. You are so loved��
I want one of the Chloe T shirts!

jacki long said...

Thank you so much, Irene! I really love hearing from you.
What is a Chloe T shirt? I must be brain-dead> Can you remind me please?