Thursday, August 13, 2020

Day 2939: Four easy pieces.






"4 easy pieces": junk mail collage.





Want music?




Click here for Deniece Williams, It's Gonna Take A Miracle.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?




A quick step-by-step ...


Working in the incomplete journal page on right.


I started with a 4x4" square, and nothing planned.( piece 1)

 
I added piece 2 of torn junk mail, using gluestick & a brayer.



 Piece #3 is also torn junk mail, left-center.



Piece #4  is torn junk mail, upper-right.

(5th piece)

I tried a fifth piece, which I kinda liked, but went with four. 
Which do you like?

 





Just because ...











•  A  one-minute + funny video, here.
•  A  one-minute + beautiful, here
•  A one-minute amazing video, here.

















Throwback Thursday ...




 Demura Sensei and Instructors, 2000


 


Smiles for Thursday ...






 





















6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the step by step, as usual. I like the 4 of course. And I think you are an incipient birder!
From fellow birder Judy Todd

john said...

When I first looked at this piece I thought it said DONUT. I love lettering in a work. :-)

jacki long said...

Thanks so much, Judy. Yes, you may be right, I do love admiring natures masterpieces. They have an app now that will tell me what bird I am seeing. I try to include it and/or the photographer, but some of the photographs don't have that information. I do think of you when I am selecting from my file.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John. I didn't see donut before, but now it is all I see. Amazing!

elenor said...

What a wonderful collage and step-by-step. I love the 4 pieces, for me no need for another one.
Happy afternoon and evening, dear Jacki!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Elenor, I agree I like the 4 easy pieces. But, what is funny is I didn't see the "donut" that John mentioned above, and now it's all I can see! ;o) Happy Friday, Elenor! ;o)