Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Day 2861: Jo




"JO": ballpoint pen drawing, collage, digital.







Want music?

 




Click here for Fkj & Masego, Tadow.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?






Update:

For any who have never read 
The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency Series 
by Alexander McCall Smith
I ask myself, "why would anyone deny themselves "?


I just finished the two most recent releases. 
I am willing to lend. Any takers?




I highlight passages when I read. Do you?




 I am often moved by writers who can assemble 
just the right words to convey their meaning.




2GN2S

Italian woman wins Picasso worth more than $1 million in a fundraising raffle



The initiative, "1 Picasso for 100 Euros" is organized by 
the Aider Les Autres (Help Others) charity, 
with the permission of the Picasso Administration. 
More than 51,100 people participated by buying a ticket 
for 100 euros ($110) each, with Claudia Borgogno emerging as the winner. The 1921 oil painting known as "Nature Morte" (Still Life) had been in a private collection in France before this raffle. It is signed by the artist in the top left-hand corner.





Just because  ...
 

E.AfricanGreyCrownedCrane

 






A smile for Wednesday ...











by Erin Houghton

























6 comments:

john said...

I love how you collages the clothing for this guy. Really effective. I have read the whole No. 1 Ladies Detective Series. Just love it. :-)

Carrol Wolf said...

Jacki, that graphic should be entered into so context. It is amazing. And the joke about autocorrect, I can relate to. Have a great Wednesday: taking my lunch, taking my glass, taking my mask to go drink a glass of her wine in a friend's backyard: today is another good day. Hope it is for you too.

jacki long said...

Thanks, John, I saw this collage in yesterdays drawing, and so it was just a matter of following my vision. I didn't know what I would use for the top, but as I shifted papers, I was holding telephone yellow pages! I did laugh.

Betty Cotton said...

Great blog today Jacki! Thanks! Love your art piece! And....yes...I do use a highlighter when I read something that "hits" me square...and is meaningful to me! Thanks!

jacki long said...

Thanks, Carrol, I am glad you liked it.
You said it should be entered where?

jacki long said...

Thanks, Betty, it's always lovely to hear from you.
I am trying to do a series like this on. Wishing you good health and happiness for you and your family.