Monday, May 25, 2020

Day 2859: I knew I'd regret it.






"Not as moody": ballpoint pen drawing, gesso, junk mail collage & digital.














Want music?

 




Click here for Jackson Browne, Stay Just A Little Bit Longer.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?





2GN2S:
Yea Crayola!

Crayola has packs of crayons to reflect the world's skin tones

 


The 135-year-old arts and crafts behemoth developed 
24 new "Colors of the World" crayons designed to 
represent over 40 skin tones across the world, 
said the company in a press release. Crayola announced 
the new crayons in conjunction with UN World Day 
for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development. 
"With the world growing more diverse than ever before, 

 
Crayola hopes our new Colors of the World crayons 
will increase representation and foster a greater sense 
of belonging and acceptance," said Crayola CEO 
Rich Wuerthele in the release. "We want the new Colors 
of the World crayons to advance inclusion within 
 creativity and impact how kids express themselves."




Update

When I wrote the blurb on being moody yesterday, I knew I would regret it. You see I want this silly blog to be upbeat, and fun. And, even though you and I both know I am not as strong as I try to be.




I am better than yesterday. Grandhunk #1, Jordan, came over yesterday when he heard I was feeling down. We hugged and hugged and if that's a no-no, too bad. What an amazing Rx that was. Everybody should have a handsome 6'6" Grandhunk show up in times of need. From me rocking him when he had colic as a newborn, to his gigantic frame hugging me yesterday, it warms the heart. We Grandmas are softies.
Val called and she is so gently encouraging, everybody should get a call from her. Then I ordered curb-side pick up at American Grub ... a pulled pork sandwich and potato salad which is another form of cure-all. By mid-afternoon I had emerged and felt better.




Just because ...







A smile for Monday ...






















6 comments:

john said...

Melancholy comes to mind for me on your amazing piece. You have outdone yourself big time. Lovely! :-)

authenticadultwoman said...

Both your Moody and your Not so Moody are fabulous collages - speaking so eloquently of that "condition". Hope you feel much better soon!

Betty Cotton said...

Hi Jackie! Moods come and go! So natural and so normal! Your moody lady is lovely I think! You are blessed to have family surround you with so much love!

jacki long said...

Thank you John, Happy Memorial Day.

jacki long said...

Thanks so much Dorothy. Lovely to hear from you.
Yes, I am much better, like a yo-yo? Please be safe and take care.

jacki long said...

Thank you Betty, like you, I am blessed in so many ways and I do appreciate you and everyone in my life. Thanks so much for the feedback and the card.