Thursday, January 2, 2020

Day 2715: O zoni time!





"Simone", graphite drawing & acrylic.













Want music?

 




Click here for the Jacksons, Show You The Way To Go.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







(O zoni) Zōni, often with the honorific "o-" as o-zōni, 
is a Japanese soup containing mochi rice cakes. 
The dish is strongly associated with the Japanese New Year 
and its tradition of osechi ceremonial foods. 
Zōni is considered the most auspicious of the dishes 
eaten on New Year's Day.




I always look forward to spending New Years Day 
with my adopted family, the Nomura's.


















 
Besides so much delicious food (I only shot a few) there was constant action, laughter, and fun. Four dogs, little to large, 2 inside, 2 out. 2 shy cats closed in a bedroom at their own request.
 
Sakura (inside)

A huge selection of traditional favorites, available 
for eating all through the day as the mood strikes you. 
Master chef Jean, has been cooking so many beautiful 
dishes for days, and well into the day, with help from 
husband, Craig and youngest daughter, Julie.

Noelle (8)





















A six and an 8-year-old
how did I miss a photo?
In fact, I missed a lot of good
shots as I enjoyed watching it all happen. There were two sizes of pogo sticks that the girls were learning, but cousins and Uncles all gave it a try at times. 
At last count, Noelle was up to 167, and is surely more by now?
Like her father, Brandon, she likes to be good at whatever she does.


Brandon doing surgery on cousin, Chad.
Brandon had a new toy, a high-tech, high-powered massage gun, that he gladly demonstrated to any and all. No reservations were necessary. There were so many great conversations, simultaneously, fun to watch and hear bits and pieces of. Time for individual chats. There was a mini-frisbee sailing around, and new to me. Excited cousins running off to play. Excited "young and restless", so glad to be together. The card games were just starting as I left. My 5 hours flew by. Ages 6 - 92 blended seamlessly. What a blessing to be adopted.





New Years' greetings for you, from a simpler time.

Believe it or not, even before my time!

And a dozen, because I couldn't settle on just one.

































































































Some make resolutions, and I have too in the past.

But now I will just try to do my best, a day at a time.

I was thinking today about what I have learned 

during these many years on this spinning planet.

For me, mainly 3: gratitude, patience & showing up.

There's a long list under each category, 

but I'm sure you have your own.

But, under gratitude, I'd like to thank you,

how kind of you to visit this silly blog when you can.

I appreciate and thank you for that.

Like most of us, I am blessed indeed.  
And I am wishing the happiest, healthiest new year in 2020,

for you, your family & friends. ♥♥♥









A smile for Thursday ...





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved your blog! You captured the day, the people and activity so beautifully. So glad you are a part of our family!

Lydia said...

That food looks so delicious!! Lucky you. Wishing you a Happy New Year! And many more!

john said...

Simone is just great! What a gal who has a flair! Love it! :-)