Saturday, December 14, 2019

Day 2696: Handmade gifts.





Star: Christmas ornament: gesso, marker & tissue collage.







Want music?

 




Click here for Corine Bailey Rae, Call Me When You Get This.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







As mentioned in yesterday's, Day #2695, here
each member was to bring a small, handmade gift 
for each member at our Eastside Christmas Potluck.



1. Short on time, I visited the local dollar store and 
bought plaid, cloth ornaments to use as a base.

2. Painted each ornament with white gesso for a future face.



3. I used a permanent marker to draw the face.


4. Each one a little different?
I did all of the faces first.


5. Once the face was on, I started tissue collage, using gel medium.











I finished the backs with gesso and marker for the date.


Easy, fun but time-intensive, what do you think?






Just because ...


Sula nebouxil  (blue-footed booby)






A smile for Saturday ...









2 comments:

john said...

What fun to have original Jacki ornaments on the tree! These are keepsakes. :-)

Carrol Wolf said...

What a clever idea and your faces are so creative. I am certain you impressed everyone.

I had to laugh at your funny, because the grandson that I see the most told me he wanted to marry me when he grows up. (He had told his mom earlier that when he gets married, he will have to marry someone who likes art.) I guess I fit that box.