Sunday, August 18, 2019

Day 2579: Costco, tires & a peach lemonade, it could be worse.

















Want music?

 




Click here for  Erik Satie - Gymnopédies
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Today has been a sloth day, 
other than 1 load of laundry ... 
I slothed!





so be it.







Since I haven't done much today, I decided to share 
the most viewed blog in my 7+ year of blogging.
It still doesn't seem that special to me, 
but it rendered more than triple my best day.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016   

Day 1538:  Costco, tires & a peach lemonade!

You may be thinking about now...
 I don't care what you did today! And that would be fair.
As always, feel free to scroll on to the smile below. ;o)
But some days I have to draw on what happened?
Today it was time to bite the bullet, I needed new tires!
I was at my Costco tire shop when they opened.
Sam checked, they didn't have my size.
He could order them and make an appointment for next week.
 
I asked him to check with a nearby, bigger Costco.
He did, and they did, but no appointments, so I went there.
Stood in line for 25 minutes, paid, gave my keys and 
prepared for the estimated 3 hour wait. Nowhere to sit.
Costco's food court was closed for remodeling.
I walked a mile past Lowe's & Target etc. on to  ...



which looks like an old farmhouse, 

with a empty yard, patio table & chairs.
 


I found a wicker chair in the shade ...
 
and opened my book ...



 just making the best out of a beautiful day.

(sky view from my chair)

At 2 PM, on page 103,  I went in to Lucille's for lunch,

and ordered their famous peach lemonade & a burger!
At 2:45 Costco called that my car was ready. 
I brought home 1/2 a burger & 1/2 of my peach lemonade.
Guess what's for dinner?
Costco, tires & a peach lemonade, it could be worse.
 
 








A smile for Sunday ...





1 comment:

john said...

I see a snake devouring letters! :-). I have read all the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. Love them! :-)