Thursday, July 18, 2019

Day 2548: Everything has a history.





3 kids waiting for the parade: old photo, collage & digit




SBTP/Story behind the picture:
Some of the old photos I use are adoptees, 
found waiting for me at flee market or sales. 
Others are relatives or have family ties.  
I believe these were my Dad's cousins, so mine too I guess. 
I seem to remember their name was Byers. 
I m the oldest of my Dad's family so no one to ask? 
But, I think my Dad said that they were 
waiting to be part of the parade in town in Indiana.






Want music?

 




Click here for El DeBarge, After the Dance,
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








2GN2S: Too good not to share:



Everything has a history.




Los Angeles International Airport's iconic flying-saucer-shaped Theme Building, has that extraterrestrial modern flair! The Theme Building, whose construction was complete in 1961, was designed by the Pereira & Luckman architectural firm in the 'Googie Style,' an architectural style influenced by futuristic elements. Over the course of its history, the Theme Building has been a restaurant (that even rotated when I ate there once, in its earlier days), a must-visit for plane-spotters and a common star of film and photo-shoots. 
It is now home to the Bob Hope USO. There's good news for plane watchers, too, as the Theme Building's observation level is open to the public on certain weekends.






For FB Throwback Thursday ...


Young WW and big sister Lisa, Honbu Dojo, 1980









A smile for Thursday ...





1 comment:

lms said...

Such an interesting photo of the Byers cousins! LOVE the Throwback Thurs pic. ;)