Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Day 2547: "Can you teach a travel journal class?"







Nao: old photo, collage, color & digital.












Want music?

 




Click here for  India Arie, Steady Love.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









"Can you teach a travel journal class?" asked Linda.
"Yes, I think so, if my boss, Rachel okays it."
"But I'm not going anywhere?", said Connie.
"Then you can do a fantasy travel journal!"
"You can make up a destination or country."
'You can make it anything and anywhere!"
This was the inception of the class starting this Thursday.
There will be options in creating this journal,
 and variations in size, signatures and treatments.
 




Travel or fantasy journals can be made out of altered books.
Titles were not a consideration for me. I looked for thin, 
narrow hard backs to alter into future travel journals.
 
It should be fun?







starts this Thursday ...



FANTASY TRAVEL JOURNAL: WEEKLY SERIES

 

THURSDAYS | JULY 18 - AUGUST 8, 2019 | 10AM - 1PM
During this journaling workshop with Jacki Long use an actual traveling experience or make up one you would like to experience. Go to New York in the early 1900's or visit Hogwarts! Bring printouts of photos for reference and to collage with. Paint, collage, draw and more during this fun workshop. This is a fun, relaxed progressive class.
REGISTRATION: $160 for the series -or- $45 per session, and includes all materials.
  Limited seats are available for these classes, please go online for info & sign up 
 Art Supply Warehouse/Catalyst 
6672 Westminster Blvd, Westminster, CA 92683
(714) 891-3626  (800) 854-6467









A smile for Wednesday ...






4 comments:

jenclair said...

I think a fantasy travel journal would be more fun than a real one--simply because of the time you would have. Trying to keep a travel journal while traveling is sometimes difficult; of course, you can always take a few notes and collect ephemera and then create a finished journal at home. Knowing the tricks to make it interesting would be such an asset.

I wish you taught online classes! This would be so much fun. :)

jenclair said...

You can see that I follow your mini tutorials by my current avatar! :)

john said...

Nao is so special! What a sweet little girl! Magic abounds! :-)

Jan's Art and Musings said...

Sounds like a fun class, Jacki. I love my travel journals ... when I pull them off the shelf, I am immediately transported back to that place and time.