Saturday, July 6, 2019

Day 2536: Make up your own?




Lillian: old photo, collages & digital.










Want music?

 




Click here for YoYo Ma, Bach: Cello Suite No. 1 in G Major,
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







Recently I posted this smile, which brought up 
memories and a discussion with some. 
Though not a Dad story, it is a family story.




When the baby WonderWoman was born ...
we decided not to give her a middle name.
It wasn't because we couldn't decide, but rather
so she could keep her maiden name if she married.
She didn't realize until grade school. Then she 
realized other kids had middle names? Why didn't she? 
The possibility of marriage was too much to go into.
So I told her she could make up whatever middle name
appealed to her, and if she got tired of it, or thought of 
a better one she could change it whenever she wanted.
That seemed fine with her.
Some of her friends even wanted that option.


A discussion on FB had most people remembering 
if their parents used their full name, middle name included, 
they knew they were in big trouble. I have that memory too.
Larry said,  "my mother called me "Lawrence" 
when I was in trouble, and "Lawrence Arvid Carlson" 
when I was in REAL trouble!"

And, WonderWoman said: "and I love it now!!!! 
I also said if I had a daughter I would do the same for her!!"








I am still at the house on the hill with Laker & Zoey.
The Grandhunks were sent home today, a day early.
 Superman and WonderWoman can have a rest.














A smile for Saturday ...






1 comment:

john said...

So much to look at! This piece stopped me in my meandering through your work. Strong and feminine. Just lovely! :-)