Saturday, June 29, 2019

Day 2529: A huge loss.





News of the day: collages & digital








Want music?

 




Click here for Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway, The Closer I Get To You.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







A long distance friend, lost her best friend this week.
The cat had a long life by cat standards, but we are never ready.
It turned out that she had to make the decision. So hard.
I struggled with words, as I have been through this
too any times, but I knew this wasn't about me.
I settled on "how can I help?"
I did mention that I thought she might be aware of 
his presence, or hear a familiar sound and that I believe
when there is a close bond, they stay around for while as
we get our bearings?  Even though she initially thought she
would be without a pet, she wisely has decided on a  kitten, 
in the future, when she is ready.











TMI but it's on my mind.


We got Shogun, he was 12 weeks and the young WW was 4.
They grew up together and looked after each other.

Shogun @ 1 year

Shogun was my best friend.
He's been gone 35 years and I still tear up remembering. 
After he was gone, sometimes I would hear his chain 
collar rattle as it did when he shook his head. 
He slept next to my bed, and for a long time, 
 I would take that familiar big step over, when I got up.
A huge loss.








A smile for Saturday ...





3 comments:

john said...

Your color choices are just the best in this piece. :-)

Bea said...

I’m traveling and read this Franco quote to the car. Everyone had a good laugh...

Bea said...

This was the first time any of my comments actually posted!