Friday, June 14, 2019

Day 2514: A small but critical weakness





Cowgirls: old photo, collage & digital.












Want music?

 




Click here for Anthony Hamilton, Amen.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








It's 12:34 am as I start on Friday's blog, I usually post at 12:03 am?
It's my first day home from the house on the hill, and I was lazy!
I spent the whole day reading, napping then watching the NBA final and then Project Runway, falling asleep again during the runway portion, which is my favorite part? But I digress.

Kevin Durant tried to play in game Monday & did help 
his Warrior teammates, until he re-injured his tendon, he was 
operated on Thursday for a ruptured achillies tendon.




The reason I brought this up,  I get Wordsmith daily, a
free subscription where I receive A.Word.A.Day. 
Friday's word was Achilles’ heel or Achilles heel
PRONUNCIATION: (uh-KIL-eez heel)

MEANING: noun
A  small but critical weakness in an otherwise strong position.


ETYMOLOGY:
After Achilles, a hero in the Greek mythology. When Achilles was a baby, his mother Thetis dipped him into the magical river Styx to make him invincible. She held him by the heel which remained untouched by the water and became his weak point. He was killed when the Trojan prince Paris shot an arrow that pierced his one vulnerable spot: his heel. After him, the tendon in the lower back of the ankle is also known as the Achilles tendon. Earliest documented use: 1705.


* Lorraine once said she likes it when she learns something in this blog. I didn't know the etymology, but thought this was interesting?










A smile for Friday ...



 

1 comment:

john said...

Give me a good western any day. Yippee! :-)