Sunday, June 9, 2019

Day 2509: It was a bright shinny one ...





Fresh Poppies: photos, junk mail collage & digital.










Want music?

 




Click here for Gino Vannelli, I Just Want to Stop.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








Do you pick up a penny?
I do and I did just recently, walking in to the grocery.
It was a bright shinny one, glimmering against the asphalt.







I smiled, because to me it meant an angel was thinking of me.
I don't remember where that idea came from, but I like it.
In this day where to some, pennies are a nuisance,
I wondered how many people would bother, or even see it?
I get on these random thoughts for this blog...
then I check google to make sure I'm not nuts!
And, I always learn something!



Today, the first thing I saw was this:
"A penny with the tails side up should be 
turned over for another person to find."
I had never heard that! Head and tail sides? 
Mine, luckily had been head side up.


Many people believe if you find a penny it is good luck. 
Have you heard this common rhyme?
"Find a penny, pick it up. All day long, you'll have good luck."







Have you heard the phrase ... “a penny for your thoughts"?
Or ... "a penny saved is a penny earned!"



my penny jar, 10" high


I save pennies.










This was on FB today and seemed to go with the above?
 














A smile for Sunday ...




1 comment:

john said...

Poppies are probably my favorite flower and guess what? I do not have a one in my garden! I saw a salmon colored one the other day that was spectacular. I tried propagating a blue one but they are very particular and finicky. Anyway, I love this piece that you have created. So cool! :-)