Saturday, June 8, 2019

Day 2508: Some days seem harder then others?





Lily #3:  old photo, collage, digital.









Want music?

 




Click here for Kenny Loggins, Heart to Heart.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








Some days seem harder then others?
Yesterday, I got notice that a friend's husband had passed.
A wonderful smart man with a great sense of humor, 
it's hard to imagine the family without him.
Today I got a call from a friend of forty years+ that he has 
cancer and will soon start chemo & taking a Rx that 
has a co-pay of $2,650. every 28 days! Who can afford that?
And so, feeling down, I decided to do all the phone jobs 
that I have been putting off, because I hate calling.


(As opposed to answering a call, when I can talk forever.)
So, I now have seats for LAX to Paris, and back again.
After just under 2 hours I have my old Delta miles account
number and a new password, thanks to Fatimah & Anita.
There's more, but I'll spare you. The idea is that when
I'm have a rough day, I do something worse.



Kinda like biting down on a sore tooth, 
so when you stop, it won't hurt as bad?




2GN2S:



If you have read Judith Viorst’s 
to a child in your family, you know she is a special author.


Judith Viorst’s Nearing Ninety and Other Comedies of Late Life 
is the latest in her series of decade poetry books, which include 
It’s Hard to Be Hip Over Thirty and Other Tragedies of Married Life, Forever Fifty and Other Negotiations, and Unexpectedly Eighty and Other Adaptations. She is also the author of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

“What’s been your favorite time of life?” I was asked a 
couple of months ago. My answer astonished my questioner—
and me. For instead of a choice that approximated when 
I fell in love, or gave birth to my first baby, 
or held my first published book in my hot little hands, 
I looked back on my 80-plus years, my nearing 90 years, 
and said, “Right now.”



To read more and be inspired, go here for about a 5 minute read.










A smile for Saturday ...






No comments: