Saturday, June 1, 2019

Day 2501: In the garage, dusty.




Purple Flora: photo, collage & digital.











Want music?

 




Click here for Corine Bailey Rae, Trouble Sleeping
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







2GN2S:

I like to feature artists and their work.
Today I want to share Susan Pierce, Seal Beach artist
and her work with you. 



Susan has been a student in my classes for some time now, 
but she was an artist long before that.
 



If you had a 16 pound bowling ball that was unneeded ...
maybe it would be like mine? In the garage, dusty.
Not so with Susan. 



 
She covered every square inch of the heavy sphere with ...




jewelry, 

 
chains,
 

 stones and treasures.







Susan did this on her own, 
 I asked her to bring it to class to share, 
and so I could take these photos.



You'd like Susan, like we do. 




I call her my jet-setter, 
as she will take off for Spain on a whim,
and off to Paris this month, but 
back in time for the next class in July.
Thank you Susan, you are a treasure.









A smile for Saturday ...




4 comments:

john said...

I think you must have used anemones in this piece. I love how fragile they are. Just beautiful! :-)

Unknown said...

Thank you Jacki. That was so sweet of you to post. I have just finished a pearl, gold and silver ball. Also, picked up two more bowling balls. What shall I do next? Maybe, a mysterious black one. lol! I love your art and your classes. Susan

Unknown said...

P.S. If anyone has some old mismatched jewelry or chains or diamonds or pearls, just hit me up. My reserves
are getting low. I'll come pick up any old junk jewelry/treasures! Thx. Susan

Julie said...

That is so inspiring!