Friday, February 1, 2019

Day 2381: ...in reality, maybe 40 steps?






Layers: junk mail collage, tissue & digital.











Want music?

 




Click here for Fkj & Masego, Tadow.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








My Sketchbook Project journal is due in two weeks.
I started on a spread, and have one left to go.


step 1

Since the sketchbook paper is so thin, 
I added old newsprint to strengthen the pages.


step 2

Then adding a thin brown paper bag ...
 

step 3

wanting to minimize the background, but not lose it.




Using a dictionary page, and mark-making on various tissues.
 

step 4

step 5

Adding torn magazine text.


step 6

Mixing in red mark-making on tissue.

 
step 7

It says seven steps, but in reality, maybe 40 steps?
 Lots of layers.








 I have mentioned, I follow artist John Arbuckle's blog faithfully.
Today he mentioned, " Sometimes I just hate computers 
as there are times when I can't find what I am looking for and 
then all of a sudden it appears." I responded, "It does seem 
that files on the computer are like sock lost in the dryer?"


Haven't you had that happen? Either one, or both?













A smile for Friday ...





No comments: