Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Day 2379: I hear laughing!






5 kid pony: Aunt Vonda, Aunt Fern, Uncle Pete, Aunt Martha & Aunt Pauline: old photo, collage  & digital











Want music?

 




Click here for Dave Brubeck, Take Five.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?













Sleepy, early this morning, I was on my MacPro laptop. 
Apple messaged me my storage was full on my Icloud.
It gave me the option of buying more storage,
(I already pay a monthly fee for extra storage)
or to manage.  I picked manage. I hear laughing.
A couple more clicks and poof, all my photos are gone!
And, everything on the desktop, except the dock!
I remember seeing that it will be stored in archive.
Where is archive? I wanted to cry. but I didn't.
I will call apple support and some kind genius will help me. 
So I just finished a lunch of leftovers and will call soon.
I hear laughing.
A call to 1-800-my apple, and Katrina helped me.
 I upgraded to 2T storage so am safe for a while, 
but now paying $9.99 a month. 
All is good with help. 

I hear laughing.








I have several blogs that I follow faithfully, 
really enjoying their take on art or life.
One is John Arbuckle, Seattle artist & good friend's here. 
Besides his own talented work, he features a video on art.
Today he introduced me to Njideka Akunyili Crosby.
I am now a fan, and really captivated by her work. 




Njideki Akunyili Crosby was born in Nigeria in 1983 
and moved to the United States at the age of sixteen, 
where she has lived and worked ever since. 
Drawing on artistic, historical, political and personal references, Akunyili Crosby creates densely layered figurative compositions that conjure the complexity of contemporary experience. 
Her cultural identity combines strong attachments to the 
country of her birth and to her adopted home, 
a hybrid identity reflected in her work. Winner of the 
 MacArthur Fellowship, commonly known as the Genius Grant.


Beautiful Ones: Njideka Akunyili Crosby

5 Umezebi Street, New Haven, Enugu, 2012: Njideka Akunyili Crosby

Wedding Portrait, 2012: Njideka Akunyili Crosby 

"Mama, Mummy and Mamma": Njideka Akunyili Crosby

"The Beautyful Ones, Series #1c," 2014.: Njideka Akunyili Crosby


In case you too are interested, John's video is here.
And I found another, here.

What do you think?









A smile for Wednesday ...






 

No comments: