Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Day 2378: Drawing Miss Daisy!





Lydia: old photo, collages & digital












Want music?

 




Click here for Roy Ayers, Everybody Loves the Sunshine.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










Finished an earlier job, so finally started on "Daisy"...
a 14x14" wide canvas, for Jane Ice if she likes it.


my original idea in a quick sketch

I felt she was a Gatsby type lady, and asked for help 
with a name, Norma came up with Daisy! Perfect!


sketch on canvas

starting with tissue for the background area

I received a gift with this beautiful two tone tissue, so ...
 

tissue background
 
starting on the skin tone



I wrap the tissue around all canvas edges.

deciding on orange for the hair, so far.

base work done, almost.
 
 This is definitely not finished, maybe half done.
There will be a feather from the headband like in the drawing.
This is the base I will work from, adding a lot of layers.
I will post Daisy again when she is done.
 Feedback is always welcome.

 





70 degrees, Some clouds, Santa Ana, CA












A smile for Tuesday ...




No comments: