Saturday, January 26, 2019

Day 2375: Two Dad stories in a row.






city, junk mail collage











Want music?

 




Click here for Michael Jackson, She's Out of My Life.

then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Another quick Dad story.
He always said he had the best childhood.
Later he lived through the depression & was forever frugal.
He never smoked or drank, was strict & beyond thrifty. 
I never heard him swear except once, when he was
teaching me to drive & I popped the clutch!
He had wanted a boy, but got me.
He always called me Jack.


Father's Day, 1975, Yorba Linda, CA

Dad had lots of stories & loved telling them.
What was really amazing, he told them word for word ...
with pauses in the same spot every time, for effect.
He loved having a new listener, a new audience.
People always seemed enthralled. We had heard them a lot.
Sometimes he would ask if we had hear this one?
If we said yes, he would say, "well here it comes again."
Many stories featured his travels, or well known celebrities.



Dad @ 80, Kong Kong, 1990


This picture was taken on a junk in Hong Kong Harbor.
I don't think I ever saw him happier.
And yes, a lot of stories were told.









Tonight I visited a dear friend of 35+ years, who is very ill.
 I felt privileged to spend a few hours together.
"I have had a great life, no regrets".
I remembered my Dad saying that too.
Such a blessing.









A smile for Saturday ...





No comments: