Friday, January 11, 2019

Day 2360: they like the mess?






Scanning: junk mail collage postcard











Want music?

 




Click here for Corine Bailey Rae, Like a Star.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Over the past 2349 consecutive days of this silly blog
it seems that people like seeing the mess involved.
Maybe more than the finished project, they like the mess?
Okay, I can do that.




mess 1
So if that's true, here you go ...


mess 2

here are the messes around this step by step as it progresses ...
 a new 4.5" x 6" postcard.



step 1&2


step 3



mess 3



step 4


step 5



step 6, almost done?




mess 4




step 7, 8, 9 & 10, final




mess 5

I'm betting you can tell, there's not much planning ahead?
Just a lot of playing and see what happens.
This one took about 13 scraps of paper.





The backside: ready to address , stamp & mail.



What's messy at your place?
Or are you a neat freak?
Hope I hear from you, and thanks so much for visiting.















William Christopher Ford is a great young man. Now 52, 
I still think of him as the talented teenager I used to try to 
compete against, what seems like 100 years ago. 
A young man of character, strong work ethic, as well as 
amazing talents. You know the kind where you watch 
and say to yourself, Wow!

Chris is a Sensei at his own Kaizen Dojo in Torrance and 
has been in movies and more. Lately he has been directing. 
He and his collaborators have made a stunning short film, 
The Last Dojo. Chris asked me to view the movie before 
release, in order to identify the students featured in the film.

I did. It is wonderful. 
Chris told me he had made it as a love story 
to Demura Sensei and his students. 
He did just that, a wonderful tribute.
I cried, but then I'm ancient and sentimental.
I think anyone, even without martial arts interests
will love this beautiful movie. 
Students will be touched deeply.


There will be a free showing at Mckinney Theater
28000 Marguerite Pkwy, Mission Viejo, California 92692
Tonight, Friday, June 11, 2019 at 8 PM – 9:30 PM




Maybe I'll see you there?










A smile for Friday ...






No comments: