Sunday, January 6, 2019

Day 2355: "Roads to".






Betty: ballpoint pen drawing, Sketchbook Project, journal page.










Want music?

 




Click here for  Queen Latifah & Al Green, Simply Beautiful
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








as mentioned here.



It's due in February, the pages are over half filled.





I think I will collage the cover, but so far just "fragile".
Yesterday I played with two more pages ...



This started with a very quick sketch of a lady on tv.
I liked her eyes when she smiled.
It started as a very simple sketch, face, hair, shoulders.
Then I added & added while listening to music. 
The Betty at top, has a slight adjustment. Do you see it?
I wish I's done a step-by-step, but I didn't think!






The adjacent page started with a big piece of junk mail, 
upside down in the middle. Now barely visible, "Roads to".
I randomly added sewing pattern pieces, which gave the lines
that dominate the design. After that it was just playing with
shapes and pieces. The colors just gelled as I went.  




So this is the journal spread. Some would say the two pages 
don't relate, they are right. But that doesn't bother me. 
I guess I am not a purist? 







I am finishing today's blog at 4:15 pm instead of midnight, 
which is often the case. Tomorrow is Kangeiko. I need to get up 
at 4:30 am, dress & drive to Huntington Beach by 5:30 am.



A cold spell here in SoCal, my house doesn't have heat,  
my house is 60', I survive in layers, double socks & Uggs.
The weather service say tomorrow morning will be 50. 
Cross some digits for me? I'll try to have photos tomorrow.









A smile for Sunday ...







No comments: