Thursday, January 3, 2019

Day 2352: An immobile parade?





Pasadena Palm: iPhoto









Want music?

 




Click here for Bruno Mars, 24K Magic.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









For the first time in all the years that I can remember, 
I didn't watch the Rose Parade. 
I have always taken time at some point to look and 
enjoy the creativity & skill of the floats. 
Not this year? I was here.



But, WonderWoman had taken January 2nd off work to take 
her mother in law, Hoda to see the floats and asked 
if I wanted to go too. She reminded me I had blog photo possibilities, 
I said yes. Aunt Vonda always said "Yes", always ready to go.




We left at 9:45 and were off,
on the 55 -> 91 -> 57 -> 10 -> 210 headed for ...



Pasadena and the Rose Parade Showcase of Floats.





It started out cold, okay, California cold in the 50's.


on a truly beautiful cloudless day. 
There was an amiable crowd, relaxed and fun. Lots of photos.
By the time we left the crowd had doubled, or tripled.
So grab a cup and settle in for the immobile parade?
Or skip to the smile?



Here we go ...


The flowers were gorgeous and still fresh from yesterday.
This was the float mentioned in the news, that had the fire during the parade.




While the floats amaze, the details astound.









Every inch covered with flowers, seeds or plant material.






I loved watching the little ones study the floats.




Before leaving WonderWoman took this great shot ...


and I asked this gate guard if I could take his.


Back to WW's car, lunch at Urban Plates, then home-bound ... 




 Beating the traffic. Home at 1:45.
The 210 -> 10 -> 57 -> 91 -> 55!
Thanks WonderWoman for a great day!






For FB Throwback Thursday ...






The young WonderWoman, age 5, San Diego, CA. 1978










A smile for Thursday ...







No comments: