Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Day 2351: A great start!






Daisies: photo, collages & digital.









Want music?

 




Click here for Chicago, Beginnings.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?











How ya doin? How's 2019 so far?
January 1, 2019 was a great start for me.
Toting my Cream Pan strawberry croissants (mentioned here)
 I arrived at the Nomura family New Years celebration.
I am lucky to be an adopted family member. 
I petitioned for that honor after teaching 11 Nomura's
in my teaching years, and they were kind enough to agree. 
I didn't get my phone out for photos till late, so no pictures of ...
1. We all started with ozoni, especially good luck for the new year. 
Ozoni, is a traditional Japanese soup containing mochi rice cake. 
2.The family dining room table filled with everything delicious
3. Jean cooking her amazing recipes in the kitchen.
4. Family age range from 5 to 90, 2 dogs and 1 cat. 
5. Looking at Grandma Nomura's wonderful cook book.

I did get a few blurry, candid shots that I will share ...



There were games, and card games that I tried to learn ...



Passion fruit and limes to select and take home. I did.



A violin solo by Jean with piano accompaniment.


and  a music lover.


A cat maneuvering through.




Many conversations ... six at least at different locations,


 and deep conversations.



And if you're lucky you can get a ride on Uncle Chad ...



or surprise Uncle Mike ... 




Or work on cross-stitch ...


or just listen, enjoy, observe.


Something so wonderful about family enjoying great food, 
games, music, news and just being together.
Thank you to Nomura's and families everywhere.


















A smile for Wednesday ...







No comments: