Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Day 2350: A rescue story for almost 2019.





Catlover: junk mail collage, ink on canvas.









Want music?

 




Click here for Charlie Puth, Boy.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









I had hoped I would come up with something special 
for new years and for Day 2350. 
I am blessed, grateful but words didn't come.
This morning I showered, dressed in better than usual attire 
and left to do errands. I picked up a chicken walnut salad 
(my favorite) at Ivy's Cottage. 
Then I went to the top-rated Cream Pan Bakery. 






As always, there was a line out the door and even 
parking was problematic. 
My goal to get their famous strawberry croissants.
I was 22nd in line, but 3 cashiers quickened the process. 




It was to take to Nomura's tomorrow for New Years & Ozoni,
Ozoni is a Japanese soup containing mochi rice cakes. 
The dish is especially associated with the Japanese New Year 
and its tradition of osechi ceremonial foods. 
Ozōni is considered the most important of the dishes 
eaten on New Year's Day.
Pleased with myself for completing my task, I went to my car.
Carefully placing the delicacies, and getting myself in.
I put my key in the ignition, my arthritic hand dropped the key ...
it bounced landing in between the seats and out of sight!
The next 20 minutes were me in various unattractive positions, 
half in and half out of my little car, hunting the elusive key. 
I heard it drop, it had to be there! Meanwhile a steady stream 
of  bakery clientele passed wondering what the crazy lady was doing. 
I climbed half into the back seats looking and feeling under 
both seats, no key. Then the same from the front looking back
and feeling. I found 2 pens, a very old cough drop but no key.
Help! 
I thought about calling the Auto Club, more embarrassment 
in a busy parking lot. I decided to call Grandhunk #1 
as he and Grandhunk #2 live just 2 miles away in Tustin. 
His message service said he was not available. 
I left a message, then called Grandhunk #2.
He answered, he was getting lunch, but came right over. 
He did all the same things I did and no key, except 
he thought to move the seats all the way forward and back! 
Wow! Why didn't I think of that? But, still no key. 
Then he laid down under the dashboard on the passenger's side 
and said, "found it!" It had wedged under the seat track?
There were a lot of hugs and effuse thank yous to my hero.




All this is kinda funny if you had known the comment 
I wrote in response to a friend's earlier email. 
She had been worried about school, a lost file and a project due. 
I said, with all the wisdom that this age is supposed to have,
  "most of the things we worry about never happen
and if & when they do happen, somehow 
things work out, life goes on". ;o)






How's your day rockin'?




















A smile for Tuesday ...







No comments: