Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Day 2336: A step-by-step, in progress.






Generations: graphite, acrylic on canvas












Want music?

 




Click here for  
J. S. Bach - Sonatas & Partitas For Lute
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








I was going to wait until this one was done to post 
a step-by-step, but knowing my procrastination skills ...
I decided to post what I have as of today.

In the giant canvas class, I demo on a 30 x 40' canvas
like the artists are also using. I wanted to show a quick way
of covering a big canvas to start.
 





Using a credit card & acrylics, I filled most of the canvas 
quickly. Assuring them don't worry, we can fix anything. 
They started and I encouraged. 






When the class was working well, I went back to my canvas.
In my effort to show them to "go for it", 
I unintentionally made quite a mess. 






So it seemed a perfect opportunity to show how we can fix it.
Doesn't she look like she's thinking, "what's on your head?" 
The class got busier, and I left it like that for quite a while. 
I studied it & later used gesso on the black body as well. 




 
It wasn't until the end of class when I used up some leftover 
paint to work on the older sister, or mother, or grandmother?
I feel it is 90+% done. I am happy with the faces & colors. 
 




I could rework her a little, but probably won't.





And I really like older Sister, Mother or Grandmother.
The faces don't match in technique but that doesn't seem 
to bother me. Maybe  generational thing?

 



I'd like to have a canvas of just this ... OS, M or G?
and because I always seem to want to try another ...

 




so a digitized version of OS, M or G?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I especially
want to thank you for taking time to comment,
I really love to get feedback.


 



64 degrees, Partial clouds, Santa Ana, CA.












A smile for Tuesday ...





No comments: