Monday, November 19, 2018

Day 2307: Another job I wouldn't want.






sketchbook project:  journal spread











Want music?

 




Click here for Earth, Wind & Fire, That's the way of the world.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Have you ever noticed someone working, 
and thought to yourself, I am glad I don't have that job?
Maybe it was because of the patience, or skills needed?
Maybe it was because it was dangerous or scary?
Just now, I sat in my studio, and my eyes caught movement 
in the huge, recently trimmed weeping willow tree outside. 



At first I thought it was a squirrel, as we have many.
But on further study I realized it was a woodpecker.
Smaller than I thought a woodpecker to be, but actually 
I had never thought about having woodpeckers in SoCal.
I looked it up and actually there are several, 
but since my guy was back lit, I only saw his silhouette, 
and enough to see he wasn't the cartoon type 
with point on the back of his head. (Sorry Judy!)
I picked this illustration as a guess. 



So I watched as he perched on the side of the big tree.
Continually drilling his beak into the tree.
That must hurt! Do birds get headaches?
Another job I wouldn't want.









A bit about journals, some of you know I have many.
Hemet artist and friend Lydia Arbizo recently asked me:
"Jacki what type of journal book do you recommend for starters."

I responded: "Thanks Lydia, there are so many choices and qualities. I enjoyed the heavy watercolor pages of a beautiful leather journal given to me by a student, but even a composition book, or the inexpensive so-so paper sketchbook as shown on the blog works fine. In my opinion, it's not about the fancy book-binding or special papers, although I really appreciate both. 
For me, the real beauty comes from what we take 
the time to put in it. 
And the quality of that varies from day to day, just as we do. 
Wow! That was pretty good, I may use that in a blog? ;o)"


as mentioned here.


journal spread start

close up of journal spread

closer up of journal spread
final journal spread


A random selection of layers. 
Including sewing pattern, junk mail, magazine text & tissue.
It may be too busy, chaotic, interesting or ?
I would so appreciate your feedback?









A smile for Monday ...


firefighter



No comments: