Sunday, November 4, 2018

Day 2292: The Longnecker Sisters, for obvious reasons."






"The Longnecker Sisters": graphite, acrylic, collage & ink on 30x40" canvas.












Want music?

 




Click here for  Isley Brothers, Shout.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









It's that time of year, the annual HBAL Members Show.


It will be open from November 4 - 29, 2018 
at the beautiful Huntington Beach Library
I am lucky to be a member of Huntington Beach Art League.

photo by Dan Kee

A thriving community of 250 artists in a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
Members were asked to enter up to three works of art.
Art check in was Friday & Saturday, and made easier by these HBAL volunteers who accept & hang work to be judged. 




The Opening Reception is Saturday, November 10th 6-8PM









I demonstrated for a class on a big canvas awhile back ...





I called it the "Longnecker Sisters", for obvious reasons.
It wasn't done, but sat in my garage waiting.
I brought it in to try to finish it for an entry.





I started by adding black acrylic to outline and define.
The long necks weren't intentional when I did this quick demo, though it is a problem that I deal with. I knew it wasn't great, 
but there was something about the interaction of the three 
that appealed to me. So I didn't gesso it.






Tissue collage for the lower background, as the girls looked on.





Once the background was done, I started in on the sisters ...





I think worked too long, got too close which is easy for me to do,
but I am not completely happy with their make-over.
The final version is below and will be in the show.


"The Longnecker Sisters": graphite, acrylic, collage & ink on 30x40" canvas.

 My additional two entries are Fred and Zoey.


"Fred": collage, acrylic & ink on 5x7" wide canvas.

"Zoey" : collage, acrylic & ink on 5x7" wide canvas.


 Where my entries are kind of silly, there will be many
really fine works of art from the talented HBAL members.
I am hoping you might get to go in person.
 







A smile for Sunday ...





No comments: