Thursday, September 27, 2018

Day 2254: Still journaling.




target: collage & china marker on journal page.


or




target: edited collage & china marker on journal page.












Want music?

 




Click here for  Gnarls Barkley, Crazy.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










Good friend Valerie, came over Tuesday.
She let me unload my worries & fears. And, she
 was the impetus to help me start purging art stuff.
You probably can imagine my dilemna?   
I have too much stuff. I love paper & even junk mail???
We filled one large cardboard box with collage ephemera.
Valerie took it immediately to her car, so I couldn't renege.
She will take it to St. Joseph's Convent where she teaches art.
We made a dent, and it has encouraged me to continue.
A long road ahead.

handmade papers



I am so touched by many of you who felt my darkness 
and reached out with kindness and love. 
Actually I am, and my family are fine, so blessed in fact. 
My dark mood and tears comes from two long-time friends 
who are in a situation that I can't fix. 
I've prayed and looked at it from every angle and 
I am learning that I can't fix everything. Another lesson.
I am not in charge, though I spend time trying to be.
Thank you again.































82 degrees, Sunny, Santa Ana, CA.














For FB Throwback Thursday ...



Demura Sensei's Costa Mesa Dojo Adult Coaches, Jr. Marathon, August 2003

Meg Schneider, James Lee, Roy Center, Cathy Lenzi, 
Steve VanWormer, John Schneider, Luis Perez, 
Shayla VanWormer, John Nunn, Debbie Benlien, 
Carolyn Shettler, Richard Wetts, Michael Keating, Tess Bernstein.









In the "too good not to share" department:
 
I heard a great TED talk today, 
so good I should listen to it daily!


 It's 10 ways to have a better conversation by Celeste Headlee.
She is excellent, funny, 11 minutes goes by like 5, and it's here.
When you have time, I think you'd enjoy it. Let me know?










A smile for Thursday ...







No comments: