Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Day 2253: Journal therapy.





heavy thoughts: collage, gesso, ink on 7x14" banana leaf journal, digital.












Want music?

 




Click here for Portugal the man, Feel it still.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Journalists will usually say that 
to work in their journal is therapy.
Whether, they write, paint, draw or whatever.
I teach journalling classes and I see that it works. 
I have to admit, I don't always journal daily anymore.
I have in the past and life went more smoothly.
Somehow between this silly blog, teaching, training etc.
I am currently trying to get through some dark stuff, 
a friend suggested I do art work, and I did. 
 
 
step 1
step 2
 


Returning to my big 7x14" banana leaf journal, 
I started with random collage.


step 3

Filling most of the page with junk mail and fun papers.


step 4

I used a light coat of white gesso over the collage.


step5

I drew a face over the collage.


step 6



There were several times when I could have stopped ...
if it was about a successful piece.
 
step 7

But, this was about healing and frustration.


step 8

Unloading ink, paint & markers. Dark.





I know it's not pretty, but neither is the problem.





Heavy, dark, painful and real.





Done. Not thrilled with the look, 
but good inexpensive therapy.



close-up detail


close up detail



I am fine, just hurting for a situation I cannot fix.
Thank you for your patience.










Puppy Update:






Playing can be exhausting!











A smile for Wednesday ...




No comments: