Saturday, July 28, 2018

Day 2193: ... brownie point worthy?





Calender Girl: 6x6" collage, ink drawing & digital.












Want music?

 




Click here for  Sheku Kanneh-Mason, Song of the Birds
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?












This is the back side of an earlier 6x6" for Muse Mail ...
thinking if I send 2 for 1, 
maybe a better chance of one being liked.


step 1

Starting with sanded magazine paper & text collage.


step 2 

Added a calendar drawing & some dots.
Not thrilled, but it's glued down & will try to make it work.

 
step 3

 
better, but ... what do you think?
The cover art, at top, is digitized.











Thursday WonderWoman took me to lunch ...




at Stephanos in Yorba Linda.


They are known for their Tomato Bisque soup, 
made with feta cheese and secret seasonings. 
WW said it was the best, and I now agree. 
We each had a cup, even though it was 100' outside!
We shared a Mediterranean salad & a Cuban panini.
And even so, I brought home enough for two meals. 
Did I mention I love leftovers?





On the way home, I decided to go to a movie.
I picked Jurassic World, WW said they had liked it.







Surprising to me, fifteen minutes into the film, I left.
Even though it was just a movie and pretend,  
I couldn't stand to watch the animal cruelty.
I surprised myself by going to the box office and 
explained that I just couldn't watch it and 
would it be possible to see a different movie?
The lady was kind and issued a new ticket.
Ironically, the next starting movie was Equalizer 2




An action, suspenseful thriller that I thoroughly enjoyed.
I am a Denzel Washington fan, way back since St. Elsewhere.
He was terrific! Violence, but no animals or children harmed.
Maybe it's an age thing? 

When I got home I called WW to tell her 
of my getting a new ticket, not my norm, 
and asked if it was brownie point worthy? 
WW said, yes, good job.













A smile for Saturday ...









No comments: