Saturday, April 28, 2018

Day 2102: ... when I should hang it up, I persist.





beachgirl: acrylic drawing, collages & digital












Want music?

 




Click here for Lou Rawls, You'll never find another love like mine.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Late at night, when I am starting to make 
more than my usual number of mistakes ... 
and should hang it up, I persist.



acrylic 7 x 14" in banana skin journal

At the end of the day at Eastside, April 11th, 
I did this angry, dis-proportioned soul 
to clean my brush of leftover acrylics
Mom said "don't waste!" 
I didn't know if I would ever use her.






I looked & found this 2016 digital collage, 
still in PSD/3-layers.






I decided to use the base layer above, 
but eliminated the white.





And also to use this top layer beach photo, color corrected.
I didn't need or use the middle layer.
From then it was Photoshop layers, 
blending and playtime.




Maybe it's just me and being overtired, 
but I liked this unfinished look, so went with it?
I seem to be doing that more often now ...
stopping & going with it.
What do you think? Feedback, really appreciated!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
would love to hear from you.











“Books are frozen voices, 
in the same way that musical scores are frozen music. 
The score is a way of transmitting the music to 
someone who can play it, 
releasing it into the air where it can once more be heard. 
And the black alphabet marks on the page represent words 
that were once spoken, if only in the writer’s head. 
They lie there inert until a reader comes along and 
transforms the letters into living sounds. 
The reader is the musician of the book: 
each reader may read the same text, 
just as each violinist plays the same piece, 
but each interpretation is different.”
Margaret Atwood















A smile for Saturday ...



(for Heidi in Austria, retired math instructor ♥)





No comments: