Friday, April 20, 2018

Day 2094: Inspired by Lynn's message ...






bag lady: acrylic on raw canvas











Want music?

 




Click here for  Rose Royce, Car wash.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









For over a week I've been looking at this unfinished bag,
sitting across the room, waiting.




But, I also kinda like the unfinished look, 
and it would be easy to go too far?

 
Originally a raw canvas Rigger bag from Harbor Freight.
Better examples by Eastside members in blog #2087 (here).














I got a message today from Lynn in Colorado saying ...

"Hi Jacki, I enjoyed the post of the Eastside group 
canvas bag creation. So much in fact I purchased a
couple to do with my grandson tomorrow.
It's a snow day! He loves to make patterns. 
I gessoed the bag in preparation.  
I just thought you would enjoy knowing that 
your inspiration has yet again born fruit 🙂 
I was thinking we could use pens and permanent markers 
with thinned acrylics. What do you think?
Have you finished yours? Love to you, Lynn" 

I  responded: "Terrific! Yes that should work well. 
I hope you’ll send pictures? Mine still looks the same, 
which I kinda like, but plan to add some color, 
just afraid of over working it? I will share when I get gutsy? 
Have fun on snow day!❤️"








Tonight while listening/watching/painting the final episode of ...




Inspired by Lynn's message, I started.




Initially thinking I might just add a few dabs ...
 



The raw canvas really soaks up a lot of acrylics.





Almost done, but I will add some ink outlining ...










I will seal is with a clear acrylic spray, tomorrow.
Now 12:58 AM, this silly blog usually posts at 12:03AM.
Goodnight all!








A smile for Friday ...








No comments: