Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Day 2077: Carrol said it was okay.






face #8: ink drawing, collage journal page













Want music?

 




Click here for Deniece Williams, It's gonna take a miracle.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









Draggin' a bit. My wise friend/artist Carrol suggested
that I could revisit or maybe update an earlier blog, 
so how about 2,022 days ago?

Day 66: I climbed to heaven.   (2012) 

As mentioned in Day 55, I visited Yogyakarta

The morning of our flight I asked what we would see there?

They said, Oh, you're going to the Borobudur!"
  
 
I had never heard of this destination, but now feel so lucky 
to have visited such an amazing wonder of the world.




A disclaimer: I copied this 1990 Sunset magazine fold out,  but the pages discolored differently? 
I don't want to lose my Photoshop rating! ;o)

The Borobudur Temple in Java sank, and was covered 
with volcanic eruptions in 800 AD for over a thousand years.
It was rediscovered and excavated in the early 1980's. 
This really is what it looked like as I approached. It's huge.
My Dad chose to stay on the bus with A/C.
The temple is huge, ten levels, with steep stairways. 






Steps were 12" high and 8" deep, so my foot had to be angled.






Our guide said making it to the top ensured going to heaven.






I was determined to make it to the top.





Each pupa held a Buddha, each with different 
hand positions depending on the direction faced.





Two hours later, I was in heaven.

A few days later, on our flight home, my Dad thanked me 
for going with him. I thanked him too, but said 
he didn't really give me a choice, since he said 
if I didn't go, he would go alone.


Dad at 80, 1990

 
He said, "Oh, I wouldn't have".










75 degrees, Cloudy, Santa Ana, CA















A smile for Tuesday ...









No comments: