Thursday, December 7, 2017

Day 1960: ... wait & celebrate both together.







NuMadonna, 16x20"canvas, mixed media







close up areas of "NuMadonna", 16x20"canvas, mixed media












Want music?

 





Click here for Justin Timberlake, Suit and tie.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










In yesterday's blog, Day#1959,  here
I asked 8 quick questions.
I wondered if anyone would respond?
I don't often get comments.


tiny Santa from Karen Hirota Tamura, 1956



Artist/friend Norma was second to answer..
Asked if she had a tree up, she said:
"Next week. I always wait until after Bob's birthday, Dec.3."
I said: That's so nice that you wait till after Bob's birthday. 
Then I remembered when I was little, I was told that since 
my birthday was so near to Christmas, 
we would wait & celebrate both together.
One gift for both on Christmas day. 
When I grew up I wanted to wait till after my birthday 
to decorate, since it was still 2 weeks away.
Now I am already decorated, in my tiny way ...



I love my tiny tree!


before my birthday, 
it doesn't seem so important now.














For FB Throwback Thursday ...




Wearing young WW's Big Bird hat, 1975











A smile for Thursday ...









No comments: