Friday, November 24, 2017

Day 1947: Stencil Girl!






"Mei Ling": acrylic & Stencil Girl stencils on 16x20" canvas











Want music?

 




Click here for Janet Jackson, When I think of you.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









I was on a mission for  ... 



They posted this on their company blog,
as a visiting artist on November 22, 2017, here.
They had asked me to create a blog doing my art, 
and using Stencil Girl products
Sounds easy, but they have 1440 stencils to choose from!
A terrific variety of beautiful designs.
I spent hours, working really hard to pick my top 20,
in order to narrow it down to my top three.
Can you guess my final three from the 20 below? 
What would you pick?






I narrowed it down to the three below, that I used in the art.
Scribble Scratch Handwriting, Line Waves & Batik Stencil







 
I experimented with the chosen stencils ...










 
Playing with acrylics on painter's paper.






 
But I finally decided yo work on a 16 x 20" canvas ...







 
I had a rough idea, using stencils to enrich & layer.








Working wet, the stencil both printed and lifted paint. I like it .





I particularly like the subtlety of pattern within the layers.





I picked each stencil based on using parts of it.





Even the stencils in use are interesting?







I prefer a rough finish. Almost done.




A small addition ...
 



done.








Mei Ling, acrylic & Stencil Girl stencils on 16x20" canvas.









Thank you Stencil Girl for inviting me to be a guest, here.









A smile for Friday ...







No comments: