Friday, November 3, 2017

Day 1926: Kevin and Tios Taco!







"everyday", photo, collage & digital













Want music?

 




Click here for Colbie Caillat, Bubbly.

then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?







I scheduled Thursday to visit adopted son, Kevin.
Recovering from extreme neck surgery October 3 ...
his Mom, Carole and I drove to Riverside to visit.
I brought a care basket of goodies & a prayer flag.





If you know me, you know I am "sewing" challenged!
I had made this prayer flag earlier, 
so tried my hand at personalizing it for Kevin. 
A simple task for many, a major accomplishment for me.











Kevin planned a treat for me, lunch at Tios Tacos!




I had never heard of it before, so what a revelation!
In the heart of downtown Riverside, Martin Sanchez has 
built a shrine out of trash. At his restaurant, Tio's Tacos
Sanchez takes recycling to great creative heights.
From refuse, he has created pyramids, whimsical fountains, 
& a series of giant wire figures, filled with shells, shoes, 
toys & other cast offs. Not always appreciated for his always
evolving vision, Sanchez & his shrine have my admiration.





Enter not just a restaurant, but another world!



A dozen jugs of agua frescas glimmer like liquid jewels on ice.





We went for lunch, but the star was Martin's creativity.




With his ingenuity, creativity & drive Martin Sanchez has 
rescued average items & given new meaning to going green.





All of Sanchez's art materials are either found or recycled. 


  

The bottles and oyster shells come directly from the restaurant. 





Every where you step, everywhere you look ... awesome!





Ahhh, the details ...




 Chicken wire enclosures filled with what is usually discarded.





 Eye candy!




And a photo op to be an angel ...





The crown jewel may be the chapel Sanchez built out of 
multi-colored bottles & recycled materials as a gift to 
his wife, Concepcion.





A half acre of amazing, elaborate & unique gardens 
created entirely from recycled objects.





How about a Christmas tree?





... or a bike ride?




If you're in Riverside, don't miss it! 





You'll be amazed.




"I always knew that there were millions of Mexican 
food restaurants with amazing food but I wanted to 
create one that was never seen before..." -  
Martin Sanchez,  Creator & Founder 

3948 Mission Inn Ave. Riverside Ca, 92501• 951-788-0230
 






A smile for Friday ...









No comments: