Sunday, October 15, 2017

Day 1907: When it rains, it pours!







grimace, junk mail collage












Want music?

 




Click here for Oh Happy Day, from the movie Sister Act.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?








If you are young, you may not know this saying.
Or, if you live in Austria, like my great blog friend Heidi.
I had replied to one of her comments ...
"when it rains, it pours", leaving her puzzled.
I later explained that we have a product called Morton Salt,  
and their logo is a girl under an umbrella,  






with the tag, "when it rains it pours", 
meaning their salt still pours regardless of humidity.
But it came to mean a time when we are 
overwhelmed by problems ... work, illnesses etc. 
We don't hear it much anymore, even here, 
but I remember when it was common.
Do you remember?











And, would you believe I went to an adult event,
Susan & Leo's costume (preferred) party Saturday night as Eeyore!



 



















Imagine wearing a bathmat to a party & you'll get the picture.
WonderWoman bought it for me years ago.



 

 























                                           
At this age,
 I don't even try to look sexy or pretty, 
funny is just fine! And I surely achieved that.




Bonus points for courage?


Demura Sensei & belated birthday cake & Santa & Eeyore


Buddy, Juan Moreno & Eeyore.

You get to hug a lot when you are dressed like that!


The cutest party-goer, the great food, the cutest couple, Santa & our great hostess, Susan!

Thank you Susan and Leo, for another wonderful party!


Eeyore & Ethan, the most handsome guy at the party. photo by Denise Bongiorno-Nguyen



Eeyore is also flashing a peace sign, or is it?















Happy Birthday to my son, the best husband to my daughter 
and best father to my three Grandhunks, ever! 
I love you, Bassel.



 
I thank you for all that you for your family and so many others,
I wish you the best birthday today ever, so far, and a wonderful, healthy, happy year ahead. I love you









A smile for Sunday ...








No comments: