Thursday, July 27, 2017

Day 1827: One day at a time ...






mindset, acrylic & gesso,  journal spread











Want music?

 




Click here for Luther Vandross, A house is not a home.
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?









When I first started this little blog, July 28, 2012
exactly five years ago, 
1827 days ago, because of leap year in 2016 ...

I envisioned a very random blog?
Everyday.
Where you never would know what to expect?
Daily.
Surprising many & me too, I think I have done that for 5 years!
Someone asked how long I will blog, I said, till I can't.
From the beginning, I have said ...
"the posts aren't all gems, but they take less than a minute to read."
To celebrate this marker on my blog-way,
I have decided to re-post one that I liked but ...
very few evidently saw on Day 62.
I hope you like it?
Maybe think of it as a slice of blog birthday cake?














Day 62: Ever been kissed by a giraffe?

Sunday, September 23, 2012

, , ,


Ever been kissed by a giraffe? I have.




Meet my boyfriend, Ivan.  We've only had one date.




Distance. He lives in San Diego, Wild Animal Park.


I've always admired "tall".





I think it was love at first sight!  You see, I had food!





And when the food was gone, I got a nuzzle on my cheek,
then he backed up a bit, looked, then nuzzled the other cheek!





We kept eye contact as the safari wagon moved away.



Yes, there were many animals to see, 

but my heart stayed with Ivan.



Some seemed interested.




And some, not so much.




All beautiful.




In a magnificent setting.  I took 127 photos, 

but as mentioned, I am working on moderation.










89 degrees, sunny, Santa Ana, CA



day class with Demura sensei 7-16-2017


. . .


and this Sunday will be our annual ...

2017 Super Summer Karate-Do Seminar

Sunday, July 30 @ 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Everybody is welcome – all adult and junior students, all ranks from White to Black Belt.
You will practice kata, learn sparring and self defense techniques, and make new friends!
Sensei Demura
Time:
10:00am – 11:00am Black Belts Only (NO Red, Brown, other)
11:30am – 3:00pm Everybody
Fee:
$20 Pre-registration by Friday July 28, 2017 (download form)
$25 At the door
Check or Money Order payable to:
JKF or Fumio Demura – NOT Genbu-Kai
No Refunds. JKF reserves the right to refuse to allow participation.
Bring:Clean gi, towel, lunch, drink, and Budo Passport (if you have one).








For FB Throwback Thursday :



Add caption

Super Summer Seminar 1993 at Racquetball World
with Demura sensei & Nishimura sensei









A smile for Thursday ...















No comments: