Monday, July 10, 2017

Day 1810: Cheap therapy.







ink brush, watercolor & junk mail collage postcard














Want music?

 




Click here for D'Angelo & Lauryn Hill
then click back on this blog tab or here to listen as you browse, or not?










You're supposed to get wiser as you get older?
That's right, right?
I am blessed to be from a good family. Really good people.




Not rich, or fancy, but I'd match their goodness with anyone.
We five girls, daughters & cousins, were influenced 
& inspired by the 5 sisters ...
Aunt Fern, Aunt Martha, Aunt Pauline, Aunt Vonda & Dorothy.
They were our matriarchs, the wise ones
& we followed what they set forth.


Nancy, Katha, Grandpa, Donna, me & (front) Marth


They are gone now & we 5 are supposed to be the wise ones?
I do have faith in four ... Katha, Donna, Nancy & Martha.

 . . .
 
But, even at this advanced age, I am not feeling very wise.
I thought I would have more answers by now.
I thought things would make more sense by now.
I thought I would be better organized by now.
I thought people would be kinder by now.
And, as my Dad said ...
(though I think he got it from someone else?)
"If I knew I was going to last this long, 
I would have taken better care of myself."








Insight on my version of cheap therapy. 
It usually works for me.
It's a hot afternoon here in the cave ...
I'm feeling a bit lethargic, so will use my tested therapy ...
junk mail collage postcards.


















My preference is this pad of postcards
I use all 15 sheets, as well as
the heavy back cardboard (right) ...



























 I spread it all out, it's really a mess ...




Can you see the two (yellow arrows above) that I will start with?


step 2
















Using scraps & junk mail, 
glue stick & brayer, I play!





step 3
                               step 4



















step 5












































Junk mail can make a difference.



Still hot & lethargic, but smiling.











A smile for Monday ...















No comments: